Sunday, January 24, 2010

19. January 19, 2010

Sorry I know this is not the best picture and you can tell I was behind a window... but I really liked it.
A lot of people say that this old barn is ugly and a rats nest, but I think it is beautiful.
It reminds me of the simpleness that we used to live in, and for that I think it is beautiful.


"Human beings do not live forever. We live less than the time it takes to blink an eye, if we measure our lives against eternity... I learned a long time ago, that a blink of an eye in itself is nothing. But the eye that blinks, that is something. A span of life is nothing. But the man who lives that span, he is something. He can fill that tiny span with meaning, so its quality is immeasurable though its quantity may be insignificant. Do you understand what I am saying? A man must fill his life with meaning, meaning is not automatically given to life. It is hard work to fill one's life with meaning... A life filled with meaning is worthy of rest. I want to be worthy of rest when I am no longer here." ~ Chaim Potok (The Chosen)

No comments:

Post a Comment