Saturday, January 23, 2010

14. January 14, 2010

I love playing the piano, though not for people or when asked.
I love playing the piano for myself.
It brings comfort, takes away pain and gets rid of my headaches.
I love the piano because it brings me music.
I love music because it is beautiful
I love music because I can always find a song that describes my feelings at that moment.
Where would I be without music.


Well I couldn't decide on one quote, so here's a few:

"Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul.”

“Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent”
~Victor Hugo

Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul”
~Plato

“Music takes us out of the actual and whispers to us dim secrets that startle our wonder as to who we are, and for what, whence, and whereto.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
~Angela Monet

"We dance for laughter, we dance for tears, we dance for madness, we dance for fears, we dance for hopes, we dance for screams, we are the dancers, we create the dreams.”

No comments:

Post a Comment