Wednesday, May 19, 2010

117. April 27, 2010



I spent the day thinking about people who have truly impacted my life
in ways I cannot even begin to describe.
My friend Aspen, is one of the main people who has impacted my life!
I've known her as long as I can remember, we've gone through everything together.
Divorces, remarriages, we changed schools together 3 times,
we've been with each other through moves, through everything.
So I thought I'd share some of my memories with her...

Yes, i know we have cute outfits...
We went to California together with our moms and siblings,
it was probably my favorite trip, even now.
We wore matching sweat outfits when ever it was cold...
 
See...
 
The boat ride
 
The typical Shelbie Aspen relationship...
She was usually the one who was cute in pictures, and listened to the rules,
read all the signs are careful followed their directions...
I was usually the one looking like a doof, intentionally breaking the rules,
reading the signs and doing the exact opposite of what they said...
It was us :)
After we ran through the water park :)
(Funny story I thought I'd share. On this trip Aspen's mom really wanted to go on a free fall,
but no one wanted to go. So she bribed us... A stuffed animal if we went on the ride.
We were all sorts of in, so we got in line and waited, forever it seemed.
Finally we got on, it was amazingly fun!
We had so much fun we told her if she took us again she could have the stuffed anima
l and the 5 dollars she owed us from earlier,She said no. Why?
Because she had peed her pants!
Well I think... that's how I remember it anyways :>....
Nicole if you ever read this.... sorry I had to share it)

Our sister's used to be good friends too...
Um I like how we all look terrified in this picture...
Except lexi, who has a sort of evil smirk...
 
We often looked like we had just woken up in pictures,
chances are we had...
we had a sleepover probably at least 3 times a week.
 
She has always been an animal freak...
I'm normal... she's a cat...
 
I'm a scarecrow, she's a ladybug
(p.s. props to my aunt who made my costume!)
 
She was a cat... again... and I was a princess.
 
I think she finally realized how weird I was haha
 
But then she remembered that's why we are friends!
 
This was my favorite picture of us for a long time.
It showed the real us.
The psychotic, irrational, loud, annoying, 'devil child' me.
And the semi-crazy, logical, only loud sometimes, 'innocent child' that was her.
We went together, like salt and pepper, or peanut butter and jelly.
Two of a kind.


So for my quote today I'm going to write her a letter...
Dear Aspen,
Thank you for all that you have done in my life, your friendship and your love. I know I would not be the same person I am today with out you. You are a huge part of my family, we aren't related, but we are sisters. I am sorry we have grown apart the past few years, this fact leaves me absolutely distraught. I can't imagine growing up without you. I know we still talk  and we have parties every once and a while, I wish it were more often. I wish we could sit and talk for hours like when we were little. I miss that. I miss you... I love the friendship we have always had growing up, no matter the fight, we always were friends... even after I threw a microphone at your head and you bit me... I am so grateful for that. I am so blessed to have a friend like you, it's true and I know it. I know I haven't always shown it, but I really do know it! Again thank you, and I'm sorry!
Love,
Shelbie

No comments:

Post a Comment