Wednesday, March 31, 2010

62. March 3, 2010

 Today I had the oppirtunity of getting my Patriarchal Blessing.
It was so amazing!!!
The patriarch (Brother Keetch) asked me to come with my favorite scripture,
it took me hours (I'm not joking to decide)...


I finally decided on 2 Samuel 22: 31-34, 47-50
"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.
For who is God, save the Lord? and who is a rock, save our God?
God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.
He maketh my feet like hinds’ feet: and setteth me upon my high places...
The Lord liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation.
 It is God that avengeth me, and that bringeth down the people under me,
And that bringeth me forth from mine enemies: thou also hast lifted me up on high above them that rose up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man.
Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O Lord, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.."


Here are links to two awesome talks about Patriarchal Blessings...
The Message: Your Patriarchal Blessing by  Elder James E. Faust
and
 The Lord Blesses His Children through Patriarchal Blessings by Elder Richard D. Allred



No comments:

Post a Comment