Thursday, July 29, 2010

197. July 16, 2010

*Lizzie McGuire was the coolest show around. *N'sync and Backstreet Boys played from boomboxes and walkmen.*You couldn't have sleep overs so summers consisted of late nights... every night. *Barbies were so out of style, Bratz were the coolest. *Disposable cameras were the hottest things around. *Limited too was the place to shop,
but you never went shopping, your mom did it for you. *Boys were gross, and covered in cooties. Crushes were kept secret because boys had germs. *Holding hands under the desk with your 'boyfriend' was embarassing.
Flirting, who did that? It was all about being mean and chasing them on the play ground. *Homework was filled with story problems about Sally or Jack and their cookies. *Cursive was required. *The teachers counted down the days to the last day of school... from the first day. *Night games were played every night. *Hand holding was a sin, punishable by death (of sorts), but enjoyable even so. *Dead man, Ghost in the grave yard, kick the can, and tag were the only games allowed at night games, truth or dare and such. No way. *They let you go outside to play for 15-30 minutes every 2 hours. Recess was the best.  *You slept on the tramp all the time, until you got scared. *Babysitters were fun. *Sleeping with stuffed animals were lame, but you did it anyways. *Big sister's were lame and *All boys smelled like bugs
Today's quote
"Take me back to the days when I could not wait to wake up,
weird hair, didn't care what to wear cause no matter what, I still felt loved.
Take me back to the days, when losing a game was the worst thing I knew.
Getting thrills off of little stuff that now, I just can't do.
I can't stand growing up, I'm going too fast.
Well just a second I miss my past.
Yeah being old has its perks,
but I miss my old friends,
and the way the [stuff] used to be
I wanna start again"

No comments:

Post a Comment